"An architectural oddity" : Peterhouse Chapel
This term our exhibition has been curated by Becky Smith (m. 2017).
Built between 1625 and 1644, Peterhouse Chapel is an often-overlooked piece of the college’s architectural, religious and political history. To celebrate its recent renovation and the removal of the scaffolding, this display aims to give some historical context, as well as artistic insight, into the Chapel to reveal why it is perhaps one of the most unusual edifices in any Cambridge College. Please stop by and take a look in the display cases in the Front Hall.
Details of recent past exhibitions, exhibitions of Peterhouse materials mounted in the University Library, and of displays elsewhere in the College may be found on the Perne and Ward Libraries blog.
Printed catalogues of many past exhibitions are available on request from the Ward Librarian.