Within the first week

students walking along path in deer park

If you are eligible for and apply to the Student Loans Company for a Student Loan, instalments will be paid directly into your bank or building society account, normally in October, January and April. Please bring your Payment Schedule and Financial Notification Letters to Cambridge with you and keep them safe. You will need to present at the Finance Office to qualify for your loan.

Links for further information: 

University of Cambridge Student Fees and Finance

Student Finance England  

Opening a Bank Account

You may need to open a bank account, in which case please complete the Bank Letter Template. The Tutorial Office will produce a letter to be presented at your local bank.

Prepayment of Room Rent and Accommodation

You will have been allocated a room in College. At some point during the first few weeks, you will receive a bill for Michaelmas Term rent and £100 Caution Money (a damage deposit which is refunded when you leave, subject to the settling of all bills). You should send a cheque for the amount shown made out to Peterhouse by the date indicated.  The cheque should be sent to: Ms Leslie Verrees, Finance Office, Peterhouse, Cambridge CB2 1RD.

Alternatively you can make your payment via bank transfer. Peterhouse bank details are included in your invoice together with your account number which you will need to quote. 

International undergraduates will receive an invoice in your pigeonhole upon arrival.  Please pay this invoice to the Finance Office as soon as you arrive.  

Alternatively payment can now be made by electronic transfer or debit card - please contact the Finance Office for more details: tel: 01223 339245 or email studentbills@pet.cam.ac.uk.

Regarding accommodation, please contact the Accommodation Manager if you have any questions. Room changes are not possible at this stage.

University Card

Meals in College are debited to your termly bill by use of a personal University Card. These cards will be waiting for new students at the Porters' Lodge and you should collect yours on arrival. The University Card is also used to gain access to controlled areas in College (e.g. the computer room and the library). Undergraduates are reminded to take care of their cards and report any loss immediately to the Duty Porter. Replacement is not straightforward and lost cards cause inconvenience to users and administration.  You are entitled to one free replacement card; thereafter a charge of £10 is levied for replacing a lost or damaged card. To order a replacement card, please complete the request form on this website.

Freshers' Week Timetable

Events planned for the first week of term can be found on the Freshers' Week Timetable (2018 version still under production).