Parkside houses were developed from around 1830 on the green fields that were, at the time, the edge of the city; with views over the park, these were prestigious family homes. There are 7 houses owned by the College that are used for accommodation; being under a mile from College, they are a 10-15 minute walk across town. There are good facilities in the nearby area including good access to transport, shops, bars and cafes. 5 houses offer a total of 36 rooms with shared bathrooms, lounges and kitchens; rents fall into bands 2-8. 3 of the houses offer a total of10 flats (studio, 1-bedroom, and 2-bedroom) with rents in bands 9-4. Some of these houses have been recently refurbished.