Built in 1926 from designs by Thomas Henry Lyon, the Hostel is next to the Master's Lodge. The original plan for this, what was to be a T-shaped, building was to be part of a larger group of buildings, which never happened. During World War 2, the Hostel was used to house the London School of Economics, which is commemorated with a plaque outside the door today. The ground floor of this building includes the Porters' luggage store and the computer room. There is a Fellow’s set on the first floor and then 9 student rooms through the rest of the building with rents falling into bands 6-8 and are extended licence only.