What we require to prove the right to work July 2021
The College has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Therefore, if you attend for interview or are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to the College verifying that you are eligible to work in the UK before you start work.
1. If you are invited to interview:
If you are invited to interview, you will be asked to bring original documents from List A or List B (below) and a copy will be taken, or if you hold a 'digital immigration status', your Share Code will be required to access this status online.
- List A: Documents/statuses which denote an unrestricted and unlimited right to work in the UK
- List B: Documents/statuses which denote a temporary and/or restricted right to work in the UK
2. If you already have a ‘digital status’
If you already have a ‘digital status’, then you will need to raise a share code via this page: https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work. You will need to send Helen Walker (Helen.Walker@pet.cam.ac.uk) or Belinda Steel (Belinda.Steel@pet.cam.ac.uk) the code and your date of birth, and we can then view your status online, prior to interview
3. If you cannot or have not provided evidence at interview stage:
If you cannot provide evidence of right to work in the UK at interview stage, this must be provided before you can take up employment with us. It is your legal responsibility to do so.