Designed by Hughes and Bicknell, this modernist building is of significant interest and is grade 2 listed. Having unusually been built during World War II, the Bursar at the time had stored the necessary materials on site and utilised builders set for repairs to Cambridge in the event of bombings. Its distinctive T-shape makes good use of the site and the lantern floods light into the building. The 15 rooms in Fen Court include a sick bay, guest room, and 2 Fellows’ sets; the remaining 11 student rooms are all en-suite. Most rooms have lockable storage for students to use in the Christmas and Easter vacations. There is a coin-operated laundry room in the basement for student use. Rents fall into bands 9 and above.
These grade 2 listed terraced houses were originally built for the professional classes in the early 19th Century. Peterhouse’s 7 houses include Fellows’ rooms/flats as well as some graduate flats. 4 of the houses are used for undergraduate accommodation, each shared between 9 and 11 students with shared bathrooms and gyps. The undergraduate student bedrooms were all refurbished in summer 2021. Rents fall into bands 1-8, with standard or extended licences available when choosing the rooms.
Built, from the designs of William McIntosh Brookes, between 1825-26 and from the generosity of former Fellow, Francis Gisborne, this court was added to the west of Old Court to extend the College significantly. The fourth side of the court was originally a gothic screen wall, which was pulled down in 1939. The 49 rooms/sets are used for Fellows, guests, offices, and student rooms. Around 35 rooms are used for student accommodation and include single and double sets (2 bedrooms with a shared ‘keeping room’) and 6 are en-suite. Some of these rooms have been recently refurbished. Rents fall into bands 3-10.
Built in 1926 from designs by Thomas Henry Lyon, the Hostel is next to the Master's Lodge. The original plan for this, what was to be a T-shaped, building was to be part of a larger group of buildings, which never happened. During World War II, the Hostel was used to house the London School of Economics, which is commemorated with a plaque outside the door today. The ground floor of this building includes the porters' luggage store and the computer room and there is a Fellow’s set on the first floor. The 9 student rooms have lockable storage for storing items in the Christmas and Easter vacations; the rents are in bands 6-8.
Little St Mary’s Hostel
In the 14th Century, Little St. Mary’s Lane was used to house workers transporting coal and corn down the river. By the 19th Century, housing was built for College employees. Originally built as three houses, this hostel was refurbished in 2019 and has 10 undergraduate students rooms with lockable storage for students to use in the Christmas and Easter vacations. The house also has a shared lounge and a coin-operated washing machine. All rents fall into bands 2-3 and are available on extended licence only.
Little St Mary’s Hostel A
Little St Mary’s Hostel B
The south of OId Court was built around 1290 and houses the Hall. The north is made up of 3 staircases, B, C, and D, and was built around 1424. The west of the court was built a little later in 1447-48 and now houses a Fellow's set as well as Noah's Ark (which has a communal lounge). The 34 rooms/sets, include 2 guest rooms, 12 Fellows’ rooms/sets, and 19 undergraduate rooms/sets that are a mixture of single or double sets (2 of which are en-suite double sets). Many of these student rooms have been refurbished in the last 4 years. Rents cover bands 4-12.
Trumpington Street & Tennis Court Terrace
35 and 38 Trumpington Street were built in the early 19th Century.
35 has 11 rooms, of which one is a Fellow's room. There is an accessible, en-suite room and 4 other en-suites in the house; there is a coin-operated laundry facility for student use. Rents cover bands 6-12. Number 38 was fully refurbished in 2021 and has 5 single rooms with a shared lounge/kitchen; rents are in bands 3-5. Both these houses are extended licence only.
Tennis Court Terrace has 1 house used for undergraduates and consists of 7 rooms with a shared communal lounge. The rents fall within bands 2-8 and the licences can be either standard or extended.
Trumpington Street band 12
The Whittle Building
Opened in 2015, this John Simpson building was named after Petrean Frank Whittle; inventor of the jet engine. The basement houses the JCR and bar. This building completes the fourth side of 19th Century Gisborne Court. The building has 1 accessible en-suite room, an accessible guest room and a visiting Fellow’s set. There are a further 21 en-suite single rooms. Rents for undergraduate rooms cover bands 7-12.
The William Stone Building
The William Stone Building is a grade 2 listed building, built in 1964 from the designs of Sir Leslie Martin and Sir Colin St John Wilson. It is located to the south of the College site, accessible through the Deer Park and close to St. Peter’s Terrace. This 8-storey tower has a lift and provides twenty four en-suite student rooms and ten rooms/sets for College fellows. The lower floors are reserved for freshers; the upper floors are picked by 2nd-4th years in the room ballot. This block provides some of the best student accommodation views in Cambridge and each room has lockable storage for students to use in the Christmas and Easter vacation. Coin-operated laundry facilities can be found on the ground floor. Rents are in bands 11-12 and there are shared gyps for each floor’s the three residents.